Air Canada Cancellation Policy
When an individual makes the bookings for any of the destinations, they do not know if they will have to cancel due to any reason. When it comes to cancellation, the airline we choose becomes even more important. We want to choose an airline that offers a flexible cancellation policy and procedure.
Air Canada is one of the airlines that people trust and rely on for convenient air travel. Being one of the best airlines, they ensure that each of their policies works best for their Flyers. One such policy is the Air Canada cancellation policy. Travelers might have to cancel their bookings at the eleventh hour due to any unavoidable reason.
Any passenger who wishes to cancel their bookings must know the Air Canada cancellation policy in advance. So, let us go ahead and find out all the essential information associated with the cancellation policy of Air Canada and other related information.
Firstly, let us start by knowing about the cancellation policy of Air Canada airlines in detail.
Let’s Talk about the Air Canada cancellation policy at Length
As we are aware that Air Canada is a very reliable and prominent airline. So, all their policies are flexible and convenient.
Let’s go through the points given below and get to know about the Air Canada cancellation policy in detail.
- Firstly, according to the policy set by the airline, an individual is eligible for making the cancellation of their booking irrespective of the way they used to make the booking. This means no matter which way you use to book your tickets, and you can go ahead to cancel at your convenience.
- Secondly, the travellers can request a full refund if they cancel their tickets according to the 24-hour cancellation policy. This means you need to cancel your booking within 24 hours to claim the full refund amount.
- No matter which ticket you carry, i.e., refundable or non-refundable, the benefits of the 24-hour cancellation policy set by Air Canada airlines will apply to both types of tickets.
- Furthermore, passengers need to keep in mind that you cannot request for a full refund if you cancel your tickets within 24 hours of fear scheduled departure time.
Related: British airways cancellation policy
This is How You cancel an Air Canada Flight
The travelers would get to know all about the cancellation policy through the information given above. In addition to learning about the Air Canada cancellation policy, it is essential to understand the procedure.
There are two procedures which one can use to cancel their booking. First, go through the information given below and find detailed information on both ways.
- Online cancellation
Travelers need to follow some steps to cancel the bookings online. Follow the steps given below in the same order and cancel your bookings in no time.
- Firstly, open your web browser on the device.
- Now visit the official website of Air Canada manage booking.
- Once the official site opens up, you need to search for the reservation, you want to cancel. You need to enter your name in addition to the confirmation number to start with the cancellation process.
- As soon as you enter your confirmation number and name, your booking will open up. You will find the option of cancellation in this step. Click on that option. Once you click on the option, your bookings will be cancelled.
- Furthermore, when you follow all the steps given above to complete the cancellation process, you can now request for refund.
Via phone call
In addition to the online cancellation method, one can even rely on the offline one. Individuals who are not very comfortable canceling the bookings online can depend on this method. The offline mode includes getting in touch with the team via phone call. Once you use the phone number, you will get in touch with the travel representatives of Air Canada airlines.
As soon as you get in touch with them, you need to ask them to cancel the booking for you. The team member will help you in completing the cancellation process.
Air Canada cancellation fee
Apart from knowing about the Air Canada cancellation policy, another important thing is the cancellation fee. Travelers will want to know about the cancellation fee. Keeping in the needs of Flyers in mind, Air Canada has set up a fee that people can afford.
Through the points given below, travelers will know about the cancellation fee and other important associated information.
- Firstly, according to this airline’s cancellation policy, one needs to pay $200 for the cancellation of their booking.
- Secondly, if an individual cancels according to the 24-hour cancellation policy, they do not have to pay any fee.
Related: Sun country cancellation policy
Additional points to keep in mind to avoid the cancellation fee
There are points which one should know if they want to avoid paying the cancellation fee. If individuals know these points, they can avoid paying the cancellation fee said by Air Canada airlines. Go through the points given below to know about those.
- If they upgrade their booking from economy to first or business class, one can avoid cancellation fees. You will have to pay the difference fare amount in this case.
- Furthermore, if you cancel your tickets due to bereavement reasons, the airline will not charge you the cancellation fee.
- Moreover, in case of bad weather conditions, Air Canada will not charge you any cancellation fee.
- Lastly, for all the passengers who have Air Canada cancellation insurance, they will not have to pay any cancellation fee.
Air Canada Cancellation Policy – Related FAQs
In this case, the airline will try and find the replacement flight to the same destination for their Flyers.
As per the Air Canada weather cancellation policy flags are eligible for asking for a refund. Or they can also go ahead to ask for the option of boarding the alternate flight to their destination.
This was a detailed guide on the Air Canada cancellation policy.
Submit your review