Delta Airlines Transfer Ticket to Another Person
Last updated on October 28th, 2022 at 07:29 pm
Are you looking to transfer your Delta Airline tickets to another person? Are you wondering whether it is eligible or not? Then, you have probably landed on the right platform. This blog contains everything related to Delta Airlines’ transfer tickets, allowance, and alternatives.
Is Delta Airlines Transfer Ticket to another Person Allowed?
Most passengers are clueless about whether they can transfer their tickets to their friends or another family member. So, here we are presenting with you all the related information. Unfortunately, most airlines do not provide transferring tickets to other passenger. Similarly, Delta Airlines’ transfer ticket to another person is strictly prohibited. But you have several alternatives to this. These alternatives can be anything between making changes to your name, canceling your tickets, rebooking a new one, and claiming a refund of your canceled tickets.
Alternatives for Delta Airlines Transfer ticket to another Person
- Canceling Delta Airlines Ticket
- 24 Hour Cancelation
- 24hrs risk-free cancelation
- You will get a full refund in this 24 hours window after you book your ticket with Delta airlines.
- Firstly, log in to the official website.
- Enter your required details.
- Then, move to ‘’My Trips.’’
- Click on the trip that you wish to cancel.
- Follow the guiding steps.
- Then confirm your cancelation on the last page.
- You will receive a full refund.
- The refund will be initiated in the same mode you made the payment.
- Lastly, your refund may come to you within 7-10 days of your cancelation request.
Canceling a Non-Refundable Ticket
- Make sure that you cancel your tickets at least an hour before the actual time of departure.
- Then, log in to Delta Airlines’ official website.
- You have to move to “My Trips.’’
- Select the trip you need to cancel.
- Or lastly, you can even use the “Modify Flight’’ feature.
- If you cancel your ticket after 24 hours, you have to pay cancelation charges.
- You may have to pay $39-$99 as a cancelation charge.
- The variation in the cancelation charges is subject to the type of ticket and time of cancelation.
Delta Airlines Refund
- Firstly, if your cancelation is within the 24-hour window, you will get a full refund.
- Secondly, you will get the refund only if your ticket is refundable and stands under refundable policies.
Refund for Refundable Tickets
- If you hold a refundable ticket, you have to request the airlines for a refund.
- You will receive the full refund in your account.
- The refund will credit in the same mode as you made the payment.
- Lastly, it will take around 7-10 working days to complete your refund.
Refund for Non-refundable Tickets
- Firstly, if you are holding a non-refundable ticket, you are not eligible for a full refund.
- But, with Delta Airlines, you can ask for a refund.
- If you qualify for the same, you will get the refund as an e-credit.
- Lastly, The service charges and cancelation fee may be deducted.
Refund For Award Tickets
- In this case, you will receive the entire miles that you have used for booking.
- The refund will be initiated as a mile only.
Steps to Claim Refund
Within 24 hours of booking
- Log in to the official website.
- Move to the My Trips option.
- Select the booking you want to cancel.
- You may have to follow a few steps to confirm the cancelation.
- You will get the full refund between 7-10 days of cancelation.
After 24 hours of booking
- Firstly, if you have a refundable ticket, you can visit the official Delta Airlines website.
- Secondly, fill out the refund claim form.
- Enter all your travel details, such as PNR number, full name, etc.
- You can even contact Delta Airlines by calling on 8008470578 or 8003232323. Both of these contact numbers are toll-free.
- Either mail or chat on the official website or app.
- These contact facilities are 24 by 7 open.
Book a Fresh Ticket
- Firstly, you can visit the official website.
- Login with your registered e-mail id.
- Then move to Book a flight tab.
- Enter your departure city, destination city, travel date, number of passengers traveling, etc.
- You can select your seats, cabin, and meals.
- Complete the payment by choosing your preferred transaction mode.
- You will receive your tickets attached in an e-mail.
Delta Airlines Name Correction
With Delta Airlines, you get a chance to correct to your name. For example, if there is a slight spelling or sir name change between you and your friend, other details are the same. Then, you can go for a delta name change or correction policy.
Also check: United airlines transfer ticket to someone else
Name Change or Correction Policy
- For making changes to your delta airlines ticket, you have to connect with one of their executives.
- You have made the corrections in your name but still, need to make a few changes.
- Changes in your name should not be more than three letters.
- You are eligible to make only a single attempt to reissue a ticket after changes.
No, Delta Airlines transfer ticket to another person is not permitted.
Yes, you can book a ticket for someone else by using your miles.
Yes, you can apply for a refund. The steps are mentioned in the above-given information.
No, passengers can fly with wrong or misspelled names on their tickets. However, you have to make the correction to your name on the ticket or cancel and rebook a fresh one.
There are multiple ways, like online, on-call, or connecting to your travel agent. However, for more detailed information, check the information given earlier in this blog.
Submit your review