Things to Know About United Airlines Premier Access
Last updated on October 28th, 2022 at 06:16 pm
Do you want to have a hassle-free airport journey? Unfortunately, it can be exhausting and nerve-wracking to navigate the airport through queues after queues. Anyone traveling by plane may find this a frustrating experience with so many people waiting in the lengthy security lines, checking and screening baggage items, and thus more waiting in the line ahead.
Fortunately, programs are available to assist you in avoiding all the problems that arise in airports and on airplanes. Find out more information about United Airlines Premier Access.
Other Useful Link: United Airlines Seat Selection Basic Economy
Purchase United Airlines Premier Access
Premier Access is now available for purchase. You can call if you want to purchase the United Airlines Premier Access or visit the United Airlines official site to connect with the experts. Priority check-in, entrance to the security line (if available), and boarding are all included with a Premier Access purchase. Priority baggage handling is also included. Prices are segment-based, beginning at $15, and are liable to vary.
On United.com, you can buy Premier Access anytime, from booking to check-in. This implies that you may purchase it at an airport check-in kiosk or by calling the United support line and requesting it.
Depending on your itinerary, you might be able to choose to buy Premier Access for only one or more of your segments. Additionally, you may buy it for additional travelers on your route. However, remember that purchases of Premier Access are often non-refundable.
Terms and Conditions
● Only United and United Express® flights are eligible for Premier Access, which is available based on availability.
● Benefits from Premier Access are only applicable to tickets for which they have been paid.
● Customers cannot purchase Premier Access if they are using a Basic Economy ticket.
● Your Premier Access benefits will immediately transfer to the flights on your amended trip provided by United or United Express if you make voluntary adjustments to an itinerary for which you have purchased Premier Access.
● However, your Premier Access payment will not be returned if you altogether cancel your schedule.
● Premier Access will be moved to the new plan if a flight cancellation or unavoidable schedule change occurs. Premier Access for canceled flights will be repaid upon request.
● Passengers are still subject to check-in time constraints even with Premier Access.
● When accessible, you can add more persons to your reservation and purchase Premier Access. However, each passenger must purchase Premier Access separately to take advantage of its advantages.
● To qualify for benefits, “Premier Access” should be visible on your boarding card.
● At United’s exclusive discretion, this offer may be modified or discontinued at any time, with or without prior notification to the customer.
What is United Airlines Premier Access Eligibility Criterion?
Before availing of benefits of any program at the airport, you must be eligible for them. This means first you meet the requirements set by United Airlines for Premier Access.
The passengers should meet the requirements below Set by United Airlines for Premier Access.
- Customers who purchase Premier Access for a particular flight.
- MileagePlus Premier Plus.
- Star Alliance Gold members.
- Travelers in United Polaris Business class, United First and United Business.
- Mileage Plus and Presidential Plus credit cardholders.
Benefits of Using the United Airlines Premier Access
Premium Access Check-in
Traveling is enjoyable, whether or not you have to wait in line for many hours at an airport. You can skip the line in a public check-in area if you have Premium Access. Instead, you check in through a designated area and have exclusive access to the safety lane. This line moves much more quickly and conveniently than the ordinary line because it is shorter than the one at the public check-in location.
As long as no one else is waiting in that particular line, you can also check in through the elite members-only line regardless of your elite status category.
Priority Baggage Handling
The agents should attach a particular tag to your luggage when you check your bags to ensure priority baggage treatment. Theoretically, this tag should enable your bag to be among the first ones to be unloaded from the aircraft, enabling you to be among the first travelers to retrieve your bag.
This benefit, however, is hit or miss because it does not always pan out. Therefore, I wouldn’t emphasize this benefit much because many claims that their bags don’t always come out first. However, my bags have, on average, emerged first in more than 50% of the instances in my own experience.
Your boarding group would be chosen depending on how you earned United Premier Access; your boarding group would be selected. If you are an elite member, you will board following the published boarding groups by United. Depending on your status, you may board via pre-boarding, Group 1 or Group 2.
You will board in Group 2 if you paid for United Premier Access or secured priority boarding with a United credit card.
Additionally, the Premier Access security lines will be open exclusively to you. This line should be substantially shorter than the regular security lines available to the public. The TSA Pre-Check line may occasionally be more concise than the Premier Access security lane.
So, choosing which line to enter often requires you to use judgment. As they are shorter and don’t need you to remove your shoes, jacket, devices, or liquids, I would usually prefer the TSA Pre-Check queue. The only exception would be if the TSA Pre-Check queue moved more slowly than the Premier Access security lane.
In some airports, using the Premier Access security lines entitles you to TSA “light” benefits.
Premier Access security line at Selected Airports
United Airlines offers its Premier access program to customers at selected airports only. Locations that offer Premier Access Security line:
- Sydney, Australia
- Washington Dulles
- Washington National
- West Palm Beach
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Baltimore-Washington International
- Boston Logan
- Dallas Fort Worth
- Houston Intercontinental
- Kansas City
- Las Vegas
- Los Angeles
- Melbourne, Australia
- Milan, Italy
- Minneapolis-St. Paul
- Salt Lake City
- Brussels, Belgium
- Chicago O’Hare
- San Antonio
- San Francisco
- Singapore, Singapore
- St. Louis
- New York LaGuardia
- New York/Newark
- Oklahoma City
- Orange County
- Panama City, Panama
- Paris, France
- Portland, Oregon
- Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Quebec City, QC Canada
- Rochester, NY
- Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Myers
FAQs | United Airlines Premier Access
United Premier status provides a better travel experience every step of your trip. The members of premier status enjoy pros of it like complimentary beverages, access to economy plus seats, preferred seats, upgrades, and priority onboard travel services.
After being qualified for United Premier Status for the following year, it will be valid from the date of purchase. However, it could last more than one year.
Passengers who hold the basic economy tickets with united Airlines are not eligible for purchasing Premier Access.
United Airlines Premier Access includes priority boarding, check-in, security line access, and baggage handling.