How to Cancel Your Spirit Flight
Have you booked tickets with Spirit Airlines and now thinking of canceling due to a sudden change in your plan? Yes, it seems to be extremely costly and frustrating. But don’t worry as Spirit Airlines’ cancelation policy is rapid and easy, also not too expensive.
Spirit Airlines Cancelation Policy
Cancelation Policy for Standard Tickets
Spirit Airlines’ cancelation for standard ticket holders is that if you need a full refund, you have to cancel your bookings within 24-hours of booking to 60 days before traveling. On the off chance that you drop out of your plan after this period:
- You have to pay a certain amount of cancelation charges, varying upon your cancellation date.
- Your refund amount will initiate as a Reservation Credit used in future travel with Spirit Airlines.
Keep in mind with Spirit Airlines, you can still cancel your tickets even before 1 hour of departure, but you have to pay hefty cancelation charges.
Cancelation Policy for Award Tickets
Spirit Airline’s cancelation policy for award tickets is precisely like standard tickets. If you drop out of your travel plan after the 24-hour window, the cancelation charges will deduct from your refund amount.
In that case;
- You will be charged cancelation charges, depending upon when you drop
- You will get your refund deposited into your account.
Note you can cancel award tickets only by your smartphone.
24-Hour Spirit Airline Cancelation Policy
- Spirit Airline allows you to cancel your tickets within 24 hours of booking without cancelation charges. You will get your refund within seven days of cancelation.
- If you want to cancel your tickets after 24 hours, you are still eligible to do that, but you have to pay certain cancelation charges in this situation.
Also check: What is united cancellation policy
How to Cancel My Spirit Airline tickets
Spirit Airline’s cancelation policy lets its passengers drop their bookings in several easy ways. Such as:
- Online on ‘Manage My Trips.’
- Sending a text message on 48763.
- Through a WhatsApp text on 855-728-3555.
- Social Media DMs.
- Making a call on customer care no. 855-728-3555.
- Refer your travel agent.
Online cancelation stands out to be the easiest way to drop out your tickets.
Steps of canceling Spirit Airline tickets online
- Visit the official website of Spirit Airlines
- Click on “My Trip” Option
- Enter the required information. Your full name and a one-time password sent on your registered mobile no. or mail id and PNR no.
- Select the Continue tab
- You will be re-directed to the Reservation Summary page.
- Click on the cancel reservation tag and confirm it.
- The deduction due to cancelation charges and the amount of return will be on the last page after confirmation.
- You will receive the refund credits within seven days of cancelation.
Spirit Airline Cancelation Charges
|Cancelation Time||Cancelation Charges|
|Within 24 hours||0 cancelation fee|
|More than 60 days before departure||0 cancelation fee|
|59- 15 days before departure||$39|
|14-7 days before departure||$59|
|6-0 days before departure||$79|
This table represents the Spirit Airlines Cancelation charges based on your cancelation date.
Also check: Alaska airlines cancellation policy
Redeem Cancelation Credits
Spirit Airlines sends you a confirmation mail after you cancel your tickets. There you get a 6-digit alphanumeric coupon which can be used to book your further tickets with Spirit Airlines, buy seats, and pay extra baggage fine. But you have to use your registered id and Spirit Airline’s official website to redeem the refund credits.
Spirit Airline’s Change of Flight Policy
With every Spirit Airlines flight change policy, passengers get a chance to make changes in their tickets up to an hour before the flight’s departure. After that, it may charge a change expense.
The only chances of full refund are when you fall under the criteria mentioned below;
- If you make the changes within 24 hours of booking a ticket, which leaves at least seven days after you confirm your changes.
- If the changes are made 60 days prior.
- If you’re a Flight Flex holder and make the changes prior to a day of flying.
- If you are holding a Bundle It Combo (which incorporates Flight Flex*), you change something like 24 hours before takeoff.
- In case your flight is delayed.
If you don’t fall under any of these criteria then you are bound to pay the charges for changes you make.
- Spirit Airline Change Fee
- For Standard/Award tickets
|If you have purchased a ticket 7 days before traveling. And making the changes within 24 hours of booking.||No charges|
|60 days or more before traveling day||No charges|
|59 to 15 days before traveling day||$39/-|
|14-7 days before the traveling day||$59/-|
|6-0 days before the traveling day||$79/-|
- Bundle it Combo/Flight Flex
|Before 24 hours of departure||No charges|
- Same-Day Change
|On the same day of travel||$99|
Yes, Spirit Airlines’ cancelation policy provides money refunds to its customers. But remember, there can be cancelation charges.
Yes, you can cancel your flight any time before an hour of departure. But there will be cancelation charges deduction from your refund amount, based on your cancelation time. And the refund will be credited within seven days of your cancelation.
Yes, there are cancelation charges for Spirit airlines ranging around $39 to $99. Kindly refer to the table mentioned above to know about the situation affecting. Although, you have the chance of getting a 100% refund if canceling a booking within 24 hours and schedule to departure seven days after the booking.
If your travel is interfered with due to airline cancelation, you will get accommodated on the next flight, or if you wish not to travel, even in this case, you will get a full refund.
Submit your review