Lufthansa Name Correction
Last updated on August 31st, 2022 at 10:04 am
It’s normal albeit somewhat rare for people to make silly mistakes that hamper the tasks that they are performing. For example, let’s take Lufthansa Name Correction, while booking the Lufthansa Airline Flight Tickets, passengers can make mistakes while filling in their details, like – names.
And now, you have an airline E-ticket with the incorrect name on it and don’t forget that the TSA is not known for its humor. So, you have two options, change the name or miss your flight.
Although, if you are unaware of this policy’s terms and conditions and looking for the details regarding the Lufthansa name correction.
Given below blog will provide you with all the information you are looking for.
What is Lufthansa’s Name Correction?
A number of passengers make mistakes while booking their tickets on Lufthansa Airlines. Such as incorrect date of departure and arrival, wrong timings, incomplete or inaccurate personal information, and incorrect name of passengers.
Lufthansa Airlines allows its passengers to correct the name and spelling errors they made on their original flight tickets while making their bookings on Lufthansa Airlines.
As per airline policies, passengers can make corrections to their original flight tickets if they find any error or mistake.
Passengers can correct their name errors via the Airlines Name Correction policy provided by the airlines. Sometimes, passengers find it difficult and tricky to make name corrections. Although, if passengers are aware of the name correction policy. They will be able to correct it easily and quickly.
What are Lufthansa Name Correction Methods?
As noted above, passengers can make all kinds of corrections and changes to their original ticket in case of any error. For example, if passengers have made a mistake in their name while making the reservations. They can correct the errors by following the Lufthansa Name Correction methods.
Passengers can make the corrections by using the online method, also known as ´Manage My Booking, ‘ and the offline mode.
Passengers can proceed with their name correction process via the online method by following the steps mentioned below.
- Firstly, visit the official website of Lufthansa Airlines.
- Secondly, click on the ‘My Bookings’ option.
- Then, fill in your ´Reservation Number´ and your ´Last Name.”
- Afterward, click on the ‘Name Change’ option at the top.
- Then, a new page will be opened with your reservation details.
- Therefore, make the Name Correction in your original airline tickets.
- Then, click on ‘save changes.
- Make sure your name should match your passport.
- Afterward, make the payment if necessary.
- Therefore, passengers will receive their new E-Ticket on their respective screens.
- Lastly, passengers will get a confirmation message or mail of their Lufthansa Name Correction.
Passengers often face situations where they are unable to make name corrections by using the online method. Or are unable to understand the online mode to proceed with it. In such cases, passengers can go for an offline method for their name correction.
Passengers need to follow the given steps mentioned below.
Via Phone Call
- Firstly, visit the official website of Lufthansa Airlines or any social media handle of the airline.
- Secondly, click on the ‘Contact Us ‘Helpline Number.’
- Therefore. passengers will be connected to the customer care service of the airline.
- Then, follow IVR instructions Step-By-Step.
- This will lead you to the airline representative.
- Therefore, ask them to make the name correction in your original tickets.
- Afterward, make the payment if necessary.
- Therefore, passengers will be provided with their new E-Ticket via submitted Email ID.
- Lastly, passengers will get a confirmation mail or message of their Lufthansa Name Correction.
Via Airport Ticket Counter
Nowadays, every airline provides ticket counter service to their passengers. Therefore, Lufthansa Airlines also provides airline ticket counter service to their passengers. Through this, passengers can visit the airline representative personally. This will helps them to explain their issues to the airline more easily.
Therefore, by visiting the airline counter. Tell them if you are facing any issues while making the name correction. Then ask them to make the name correction in your name error on your airline flight tickets.
After the Lufthansa Name Correction process, make the payment to the airline ticket counter if necessary.
What is Lufthansa Name Correction Policy?
- Per airline policy, passengers can only make a single correction on their flight tickets.
- Passengers can change up to 2 letters in their first, second and third names.
- Passengers can change their nicknames.
- Airlines allow changing the name sequence.
- Passengers cannot change or remove the prefix title on their original airline tickets. For example, MR, MRS, or MS.
- The airline would accept name correction requests if passengers made it before 2 hours of flight departure.
- Passengers can’t make name correction requests if the ticket reservations are made on the same day of flight departure.
- The airline will not accept any name correction request if the ticket reservation is made through a third party.
- Passengers need to contact a third-party agent to correct their name errors in such cases.
- If passengers are willing to make more name corrections, they must pay extra charges to the airline.
What is Lufthansa Name Correction Fee?
- Airlines allow passengers to make name corrections in their tickets for free if done within 24 hours of ticket purchase.
- Suppose passengers request name correction after the first 24 hours of ticket purchase. Then passengers have to pay a name correction fee to the airline.
- Passengers can also request name correction before seven days of their flight departure.
- The name correction fee starts from $100 and can rise to $250.
- Also, the name correction fee depends on the different tickets fare.
Why do passengers need Lufthansa Name Correction on their flight tickets?
There are several situations where passengers don’t go through to their ticket details after completing the reservations process.
After receiving the individual tickets, if found a minor name error, passengers should apply for a name correction request.
Therefore, if passengers don’t request or make their name corrections. In such cases.
- Passengers will be denied boarding.
- The airline will not consider passengers deemed legitimate if their names don’t match.
- Passengers will be travel banned if the same issue is repeated.
- The airline can also ask for their legal documents in case they are in doubt about their names.
How many times can Lufthansa Name Correction be done?
As per Airlines Name Correction Policy, passengers are free to make several attempts to correct their name errors within 24 hours of ticket purchase.
Although, if passengers want to make more name corrections after the risk-free period of 24 hours.
They have to pay a name correction fee according to their ticket fare.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Lufthansa Name Correction
Q. What to do if passengers forget to make a Name Correction request?
Passengers don’t need to be worried if they forget to make their name correction request.
Airlines also allow passengers to correct their name errors before 2 hours of flight boarding.
Passengers can easily make the name correction even after reaching the airport before flight boarding.
Via the help of the airport ticket counter.
Although, passengers have to pay the Name Correction fee to the airline according to their ticket fare.
Q. What if passengers don’t have a Middle Name, then what to fill in the space?
Many passengers ask, what if I don’t have a Middle Name?
Filling the middle name section is not required, even if you have one.
Therefore, only the first and last names are essential to fill in the passenger’s details.
Q. How can passengers connect to the airline live agent to request Lufthansa Name Correction?
As noted above, passengers need to visit the official website of Lufthansa Airlines and click on ‘Contact Us.
Therefore, follow the instructions for connecting with the airline live agent to request your Name Correction.
More helpful guide: