Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy
Last updated on October 4th, 2022 at 09:11 am
If you planned to go somewhere this weekend, but suddenly you’ve switched the destination, How do you cancel your flight ticket? Do you know? Making the changes in the reservation or canceling the flight ticket at the last minute is very tough. Last-minute cancellations can lead you to face many hurdles. Worry not! With this guide, “Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy,” you can cancel your Southwest Flight Ticket even with minimum charges. To continue the reading, scroll down a little and see what is next.
Related: Southwest Airlines Manage My Booking
Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy
- If a passenger booked a Southwest Flight Ticket using the reward points, they would get a complete refund in their account.
- Booking Southwest Flight Tickets using cash may transfer the reimbursement into your account; otherwise, it will be converted into Southwest Airlines funds. It depends on the kind of fares you use to book flight tickets.
- If a passenger cancels the non-refundable flight ticket within 24hrs, they will get the reimbursement in their original bank account linked to making the reservation.
- If you send the request for a refund, Southwest Airlines will start the process of reimbursement based on the fare. Additionally, the refundable tickets will not cover the charges of service.
- If a passenger cancels their flight ticket on the day of booking or within 24hrs of booking, they will not need to pay the cancellation charges.
- The reimbursement amount will only be transferred to the account you’ve booked the Southwest Airlines Ticket.
- According to Southwest Airlines cancellation policy, you must cancel a flight booking that includes more than one ticket to receive a refund for all reservations.
- The passenger must pay the cancellation charges on booking the Southwest Airlines Tickets online.
Related: How to Rebook Southwest Flights
How to Cancel Southwest Airlines Ticket Online?
- Open Southwest Airlines Official site and go to the lobby.
- On the website, you will see two different options Change or cancel.
- Click on the same button.
- When you click on that, you will be transferred to the other page on which you need to provide basic information like First name, last name, and confirmation number.
- Now click on the cancel button.
- Clicking on the cancel button will send you to the manage booking page of Southwest Airlines.
- In canceling the Southwest Airlines flight ticket, follow the on-screen commands and make the payment at the last stage.
How to Cancel Southwest Airlines Ticket Offline?
- Dial 1-800-435-9792 to connect with the Live person of Southwest Airlines.
- List every command of the leading voice menu on call.
- Hit the right button.
- Provide your 6-digit confirmation number to the Southwest Airlines executive.
- Ask for the cancellation of your flight ticket to the Live representative of Southwest Airlines.
- At last, check out the main section of the confirmation of canceling a flight ticket.
Southwest Airlines Non-refundable Tickets Cancellation Policy
- Southwest Airlines will not provide the full ticket price money on canceling the non-refundable ticket.
- The passenger will not be able to get the refund in cash.
- Canceling the non-refundable ticket within 24hrs of the booking will give you a complete refund.
- Canceling a flight ticket after 24hrs of the booking will require cancellation charges.
How to Cancel Non-Refundable Southwest Airlines Ticket?
- First of all, launch the official site of Southwest Airlines.
- From the homepage, click on the login button.
- Login to the site by using your email address and password. (the details should be correct. In case you forget the password, you can click on the forget password option)
- Just click on the cancel flight option.
- Now you need to select the cancellation fees and then click on the next button to go ahead.
- At this stage, you must fill the text box with the reason for cancellation.
- Fill out the form for a refund.
- At last, fill in all the bank details and hit the done button to complete the process.
Is there any fee for canceling a flight with Southwest Airlines?
- When you dial 1-802-610-2076, Southwest Airlines does not charge for canceled flights as long as you adhere to their cancellation policy.
- There are no fees if a flight is canceled within 24 hours of booking.
- There are fees for the cancellation in the event of a flight cancellation on refundable tickets.
How can I get my money back if the Southwest flight is canceled?
- To speak with a live person, dial the Southwest Airlines refund customer service number and follow the prompts. After connecting, you can ask for a refund.
- To start the refund request, you can also write to aileron’s refund department. To share your mail, use the requested department address.
Terms and Conditions for Southwest Airlines Refund & Cancelation
- If you want the Southwest Airlines refund, you will need to cancel the flight ticket first.
- To receive a complete refund and free-of-cost cancelation, the passengers must cancel the flight ticket within 24hrs (under 24hrs cancelation policy).
- The passenger who will cancel the flight ticket after 24hrs of the booking will have to pay the penalty as cancelation charges.
- The passengers can withdraw the refund from their accounts.
- The refund process will start with Southwest Airlines based on the ticket type, Destination, and distance.
Related: Southwest Wanna Get Away Refund
People Often Search for:
Do you get charged if you cancel a Southwest flight?
What is Southwest Airlines cancellation policy?
How late can you cancel a Southwest flight?
Can I get my money back if I cancel my flight?
Can I cancel a wants to Get Away flight?
Does Southwest let you cancel within 24 hours?
How can I change my flight date without a fee?
Can you cancel a flight within 24 hours of departure?
How do I use Southwest travel funds for someone else?
Can I change my Southwest flight for free?
Distance with Compensation Amount
|Flight distance shorter than 1500 km||$325|
|The flight distance is between 1500 and 3500 km||$475|
|Flights longer than 3500 km||$725|
Southwest Airlines Reusable & Refundable Fares
|Wanna Get Away||Yes||No|
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Southwest let you cancel for free?
Within 24hrs of making a reservation with Southwest Airlines, no cancellation charges will be applied.
Can I cancel a flight and get a refund?
Under 24hrs of Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy, the Passengers can cancel the flight easily and get a complete reimbursement.
Can I cancel only one ticket on Southwest?
Southwest Airlines is currently not allowed to cancel one ticket via Southwest Airlines’ official site or mobile app. However, you can contact the Southwest Airlines expert to get your solution.
Related: Southwest Change Flight
Submit your review