Covid scenario for Airline Staff and Travellers
Last updated on October 28th, 2022 at 09:58 am
Vaccine checklist for Airline and Hotel Staff and its impact on travelers
WHO has updated the Covid Quarantine Guidelines and advised countries that have been reported with covid cases against the application of travel and trade restrictions. Reminders have been sent to countries to protect, control, and provide public health risks to avoid health risks and interference with trade.
The standard operating procedures referred to as SOPS’s were detected in many countries. The guidelines applied to those countries that detected it firstly that includes countries like United Kingdom, Middle East, and Europe.
The fresh Covid Quarantine Guidelines for passengers traveling to India from abroad are :
- The civil Aviation industry declare that self-declaration have to be submitted by countries originating from the UK, US, Europe, and the Middle East shall have self -declaration form on Air Suvidha.
- International passengers need to upload a negative covid-19 RT-PCR report and the test can conductwithin 24 hours.
- The state-wise passengers shall manifest on flights originating from the Middle East and Europe and landing at metro cities like Mumbai, Delhi, Banglore, and Chennai Airports.
- For the connecting flight, passengers should inform a minimum of 6-8 hours before the transit time and other procedures while booking connecting flights.
- Asymptomatic patients will get the permission to travel/board after the thermal procedure.
Considering the covid-19 pandemic and public safety in general, the government has imposed a mandatory quarantine. The goal is to promote public health and mitigate the spread of the virus. The quarantine rules depend on your travel history, for instance, Pre-travel RT-PCR status must be known.
Everyone needs to follow the basic precautions
Washing hands: Washing hands at frequent intervals (at least 20 seconds’ by using alcohol-based hand sanitizer and at least 40 seconds with soap and plain water), this implies after touching any object. Locate hand rub or sanitizer in restaurants, bars, and dining halls.
Using tissue or handkerchief: cover coughing or sneezing with tissue paper or handkerchief and immediately throw it in a dustbin.
Maintaining Distance: Maintain minimum distance from guests or staff. This includes personal contact with another person. If you face trouble maintaining distance, wear masks. Read guidelines on wearing masks.
Entry requirements of different countries like Germany, Italy, and Spain. Countries like the US have done the vaccine process. countries that restricted the entry of foreigners are beginning to reopen since the onset of Covid-19.
Travel guidelines during covid-19 Pandemic
It’s essential to get the vaccine to avoid the risk of covid infection spread. International travel however would increase the risk of new variants of Covid-19. The center for disease prevention and control mentioned that traveling must be avoided unless vaccinated.
The travelers must ensure the following guidelines
Vaccination against Covid-19: Covid-19 vaccination has 2 doses, first 1st dose and wait for at least 2 weeks to get fully vaccinated. Fully vaccinated can travel safely within countries.
Ask yourself these questions to ensure safety while traveling
- Against covid-19, did you get the vaccine?
- Are you at higher risk of increased illness?
- Have you ever stayed with someone with an increased infection risk?
- Does your destination have restrictions for travelers?
- What are the precautions everyone needs to take in a hotel or accommodation?
- Who is supposed to stay quarantined?
Those who do not get the vaccine needs to follow these steps:
- Maintain a distance of 2 meters between you and another person.
- Avoid direct contact with the ill-person
- Limit contact with objects that one is likely to touch more often such as handrails , kiosks, and elevator buttons. If you accidentally touch these surfaces use hand wash or sanitizers.
- Wear a mask indoors and outdoors, where there is a likely risk of transmission. Such as a crowded place.
- Refrain from eating or drinking on public transportation.
Air Travel Precautions
Most viruses take time to spread. Social distancing is difficult due to crowded flights. The Transportation security administration (TSA) has made changes to the screening process.
- During the screening, Travellers need to wear masks. However, TSA asks employees to adjust masks for identification purposes.
- Travelers need to place passes directly into the scanner (electronic and print ) for inspection purposes.
- Each traveler must carry 11 ounces in a carry bag. These containers is important at the time of screening.
- Personal items such as keys, phones, and wallets can carry in bags.
- Food items need to be place and transport in a bin for screening. Screeners open the bag for inspection.
Crew Quarantine and Entry restrictions
The cabin crew has to follow certain restrictions subject to requirement and information keeps on changing on regular basis. The status of passenger’s entry
Crew Testing: The testing programs should exempt testing programs for those who have a proven record of antibody and proven immunity while other precautions like mask-wearing and conclusive evidence shall be available.
Is Vaccination essential for crew?
It is essential to present satisfactory vaccination that’s a requirement of some states and permit cabin crew entry while vaccination for crew members is essential. It continues for international operations as well. Those crew members who show proof of vaccination from the health authorities are offering further tests.
Post-vaccination: The crew may continue to perform their duties concerning national Covid Quarantine Guidelines.
What precautions do travelers have to take if they get sick at an accommodation?
Precautions travelers need to follow if they get sick
If the traveler develops the corona symptoms such as dry fever, cough, or tiredness, then they should inform the facility manager and seek medical advice from professionals.
Hotel and Accommodation precautionary measures
The hotel industry understands that travelers are concerned about safety and coronavirus. Check how it is protecting accommodation seekers and staff members.
Some of the useful practices in the Covid Quarantine Guidelines
- Procedures for cleaning can be increase.
- Measures for social distancing
- Masking for guests and staff’
- Vaccine proof Payment
- Protocol if the guests’ contracts covid, this involves such as closing room for disinfection.
- Before traveling, Make a checklist’
- Tissues and Face Masks’
- 60% alcohol-based sanitizer
- 70% disinfectant wipes
- Check the temperature with a Thermometer
Submit your review