UK Travel Restrictions in 2022
Are you planning to visit the UK? If yes, then you must know the UK Travel Restrictions in 2022 as well as the latest guidelines and protocols made by the UK Government.
If you are a traveler then you very well know that this is a disaster situation for holidaymakers and for the travel industry at the end of the year.
Because winter season with Christmas and the new year is the best time for travelers to visit the UK with their families and friends.
So, this time is very important for you to know about the latest updates and restrictions made by the Government of UK for the outsiders. Keep reading these articles so you get to collect all the information related to restrictions for the COVID pandemic.
UK Government rules for Traveller
According to the new official rules, travelers are required to take a departure test at least 48 hours before travel. Please note that the new COVID 19 test rule will come into effect on 7TH December 2021, with the incentive to block the spread of the Omicron variant of CORONAVIRUS.
All contacts in suspected cases of Omicron should be self-quarantined for 10 days, including those who have been completely vaccinated against COVID 19.
In addition, British and Irish citizens returning from the British Red List countries, Zimbabwe, , Botswana, Eswatini, , Malawi,, Nigeria, South Africa, Mozambique, Angola, Namibia, Zambia, Desoto, must be isolated in UK-recorded government-approved facilities. First mutant found in South Africa out of 336 cases.
Statement of UK Health Secretary
UK Health Minister Sajid Javid has confirmed that the transmission of a highly contagious variant of COVID in a community in a statement from the House of Commons on Monday.
He also said that no one who tested positive for Omicron was hospitalized. There are 336 cases found infected by the virus and out of those some are feeling ill and others were found asymptomatic.
According to him, out of 336 patients, no one get hospitalized, all took their treatment from their home and put themself into isolation for more than ten days.
The latest data shows that 71 cases were found in Scotland, 261 cases were found from England as well as 4 cases from Wales. So the total confirmed cases are 336 in the UK.
He confirmed that all these cases have no connection links with international travel. Therefore, we can conclude that community broadcasting is currently taking place in some parts of England.
Also Check: Travel requirements for hawaii
Important points to note
- People arriving in the UK were already forced to self-quarantine until the PCR test was negative the second day after arrival.
- With the latest measures, all travelers over the age of 12 must prove that their PCR or immunochromatography is negative before leaving for the UK.
- The UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) restated a scientific analysis and told that the Omicron infection window may be lesser than the Delta variant infection window.
- These tests should be run as soon as possible, by 48 days, before the departure date. A few hours before the flight.
- Scientists have expressed concern about how Omicron interacts with current vaccines given the number and shape of mutations.
- Mr. Javed told parliament that it is uncertain whether Omicron could distract us from our recovery path.
- He previously announced a surge in the adoption of booster vaccines, and this week “if the virus adapts, we must also adopt”, so 10,000 vaccinated people are hired to expand the dose. He confirmed that.
- Mr. Javid said 350 military personnel would be stationed in England and more than 100 in Scotland to provide boosters. According to official figures, more than 20.5 million booster or third-party doses have been administered since the introduction was expanded to all adults over the age of 18.
Submit your review
I was so confused about the travel related information to UK. But finally got to know all about it through the information here. This is so helpful.