What to look for in Garden of the Gods, Colorado
Prepare yourself for an exciting time in the Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs. As the name suggests, the place comes really close to what a garden of Gods would look like. The scenic beauty will put you in a trance. Also, the park is a host of great outdoor activities. There is no need to stress over a place for a weekend getaway. However, Garden of the Gods will keep you enthralled throughout your journey. Let’s have a look at the coolest things you can do in the park.
- A long drive along a scenic route
There’s no better way to start your journey than by going for a drive through the park. The drive will open your senses for the journey ahead and will give you a glimpse of the breathtaking views of the park. So, think of it as a visual warm-up. You can even pick a trail map of the park.
- Adrenaline spiking activities
The park is a great place to burn calories while having fun. So, take part in mountain biking, trail running, or challenge yourself with some rock climbing. Also, the park authorities have designed these activities taking the seasons into consideration. If you are not a sports person, no problem, cheer your loved ones is a professional sport.
- A sight to behold
This point is in continuation with the above one. The outdoors not only provides an excellent opportunity to tone your muscles but also give your eyes a treat. In addition, some of the popular hiking trails are Susan G. Bretag Trail and Palmer Trail Loop, Perkins Central Garden Trail, and Buckskin Charlie Trail Loop. Keep in mind the best time to step on these trails is during May and October.
- Do not underestimate a Scenic Jeep Tour.
Imagine a breathtaking view, wind in your hair, and a strong jeep. Sounds exciting? The jeep tour organized in the park is even better. You will also be taken on a narrated tour covering all the essential spots in the garden, enlightening you about the history of the park. If off-roading is more your thing, then go at it. Further, you can even book a Segway tour for yourself and your friends.
- Bring your picnic baskets.
There are very few things in the world that feel as relaxing as a picnic with your best friends. All of us have made ourselves so busy with chasing an American Dream that we have forgotten to stop and take in the moment. Although, the park provides an excellent opportunity to invite all your friends on a quiet picnic. Pack your favorite sandwiches and lemonade and try to open about your feelings with your friends. Trust us; things will flow flawlessly.
- Prince on a white horse
We ask why to wait for a prince who will come on a white horse to save you. You can be your savior too. Practice your horse riding skills while taking a tour of the park. The trotting of the horse coupled with the gorgeous views of Pikes Peak will look like a scene from a blockbuster movie. One more thing- there’s no age limit to try horseback tours, just like there is no limit to trying new things.
- Let out the artist in you.
Who’s your favorite artist? Channelize him/her in your artwork today. Looking for a quiet place that will bring out the artist in you? Look no further. Garden of the Gods is the perfect place for you to set up an easel and get to work. Also, the scenic view will inspire you to get out of your own way.
- Capture the moment
Do you think only painting makes you an artist? Any task done with creativity is an art. Bring out your cameras, and yes, your grandmother’s camera will work perfectly too. Like they said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder; make your own art or instead capture it. The park is full of picturesque spots. Say, Cheese everybody.
Well, those our favorite things to do in Garden of the Gods. Before we wrap up, have a look at the things you should be prepared for in Garden of the Gods.
- The temperature of Garden of the Gods, Colorado tends to be extremely dry. Make sure to pack extra water bottles while going on a tour of the park or going rock climbing. Also, load up on your moisturizer. Nobody likes dry skin. Keep drinking water at regular intervals to keep dehydration at bay.
- Colorado believes in sustainable management. You will find a lot of places that are powered by solar power. The locals pay close attention to their eating and sleeping habits.
- The locals like to get out and get some cardio in. This is your best chance to make friends with the locals. Ask them if it’s okay with them if you accompany them on the hiking trail. There is a good chance they will be delighted to meet you.
- Garden of the Gods, Colorado is considered the most desirable place to live in. A short trip to the Garden of the God can transform into a long-haul commitment to this place.
If you are a keen lover of national parks in US then here are the 10 most visited US national parks you should not miss it. Spend your best time here with your friends and explore national parks.
Submit your review